June 24, 2006
Art Day - David Mack's Kabuki
I've added a very beautiful painting by the extraordinarily talented David Mack. It's from his ongoing series, Kabuki, and the scan really doesn't do it justice. The painting was created on a montage of original Japanese newsprint, framed with silk ribbon, and then extra wash and pen and ink details added. It doesn't really do this piece justice to call it 'comic art". Definitely one for the wall.
June 11, 2006
Art Day - Chaykin, Timm, Seth
Updates to the site today:
- A great Superman splash page by Howard Chaykin - very Shuster-esque
- Three very naughty nudes by the even naughtier Bruce Timm in the Timm Gallery
- A hilarious X-Men pinup by cartoonist Seth entitled "Guests of Honour --The X-Men Visiting the T.D.H.S. Comic Book Club, September 1965"
December 17, 2005
Art Day - Mike Allred, Dudley Watkins
Added today, pieces by two artists I've wanted to add to my collection for a while. The first is by classic Scottish artist, Dudley Watkins, one of the geniuses of British comics. This piece is a sunday strip of one of his most popular creations, The Broons.
The other piece is a brand new commission by Madman artist, Mike Allred. I came up with the perfect subject matter for him, and he worked his magic beautifully - Twister at the JLA Satellite.
November 10, 2005
A few updates
A few pieces have crept onto the site lately - another nude in the Bruce Timm gallery, a Zatanna con sketch by Adam Hughes, a small painted Wonder Woman by JG Jones and a pencil Black canary in the Noto gallery. The last three were picked up at the Baltimore Comic Convention. Stay tuned for a couple more updates in the coming weeks, as I'm waiting for art to arrive.
August 08, 2005
If you're reading this, then you have arrived at my new site. It looks pretty much like the last one, there's no big changes (apart from the URL). However, I have about 5 months of art updates that I've added, too many to hotlink to, but look in the gallery and you'll find the following:
- 2 pencil sketches by Phil Noto that appeared in his recent sketchbook (a gift, thanks Phil)
- Gil Kane Superman Splash
- Bolland WW prelim
- Jack Kirby Jimmy Olsen Splash (my first Kirby, YAY!)
- Rusty Brown page by Chris Ware
- New commission by Darick Robertson
- A cute Shane Glines pinup
- Pete Bagge painted piece
- Phil Noto color Supergirl pinup
- A 7 page Gray Morrow Zatanna story
plus a few other bits and pieces. I'll try to be more timely with my updates in future.
You'll also find a link at the top to a range of T Shirts I've designed, based on vintage ads from old comic books.
Always interested in talking trade, so if you see anything you like, drop me an email (link at top right).